What Is Digital Signage?
Digital signage is a broad term used to describe the integration of a variety of technologies: large format displays (signage displays), digital signage players (SoC, OPS, Nuc, SFF PCs, or even Flash/Media Players), networking hardware, and digital signage software (content creation, content management, or scheduling). All these technologies are used to dynamically deliver digital information (including live and on-demand video, graphics, animations, text, RSS feeds, and other Web content) on digital signage displays to a targeted audience at a targeted time. A digital signage solution may include some or all of these components, but the unlimited combinations of components all culminate into a single end result: a form of an electronic bulletin board or billboard that visually displays information, advertising, and other messages to the viewer. These solutions give you a unique and powerful communications medium that provides unparalleled opportunities to deliver a message more effectively. Digital signage can also be referred to as narrowcasting, retail TV, captive audience networks, digital out-of-home advertising, or electronic posters, and there are many other terms that are synonymous with these solutions. Digital signs can be found and used in almost any type of public and private environment, such as:
- Health clubs
- Auto dealerships
- Corporate offices
- Houses of worship
- Shopping malls
- Educational institutions
Digital Signage Solution Benefits
- Ability to communicate on a broad scale instantly
- Easily target your messages to specific audiences and locations in real time
- Cost effective compared to traditional single-use signage (printed posters and banners)
- Build branding, improve customer experience, and drive sales
- “Rentable” space provides a renewable source of income
- Perfect for emergency response or alert systems
Core Applications of Digital Signage
- Public information—News, weather, financial, and sports information
- Public safety—Instant dissemination of emergency and public safety information
- Internal information—Newsletters, event announcements, corporate messages, and more
- Operations—Display large amounts of information to coordinate and control activities, people, or equipment
- Advertising—Target a larger market with colorful and informative messaging and product demonstrations
- Brand building—In-store digital signage promotes your brand and builds identity
- Enhanced customer experience—Reduce perceived wait time in lobbies, checkout lines, and waiting rooms to increase customer interaction
- Enhanced environment—Interactive screens offer dynamic maps, way-finding, information, and more
- Nutritional Information—Easily change menus to accommodate calorie, fat, sodium, and other nutritional information
- Education—Presentation tool for board room and classrooms for clear communication of information
Want to learn more about digital signage solutions?
- Signage Displays and Signage Hardware
- Featured Digital Signage Partners
- Digital Signage Installation and Consultation
- Vertical Markets utilizing Digital Signage
- What is Digital Signage Content?
How do I get started with Digital Signage?
From initial consultation to deployment, our complimentary Digital Signage Solution and Deployment Consultation will assist you through every phase of your project in understanding digital signage and recommended deployment scenarios. Call an Account Manager today for more information or request a consultation from one of our certified digital signage solution experts.