Collapse & Return to Top
Visual Studio Ultimate is the state-of-the-art development solution that empowers teams of all sizes to design and create compelling applications to delight users. You can use flexible agile planning tools - like capacity planning, taskboards, and backlog management - to enable incremental development techniques and agile methodologies, at your own pace. Use advanced modeling, discovery, and architecture tools to describe your system and help ensure that your architecture vision is preserved in the implementation. Bring development and operation teams together by using IntelliTrace in production, Operations Manager Connector, and Preemptive Analytics. Improve quality and reduce time to resolution by generating actionable bugs from deployed software, and effectively partner with the operations staff to provide data that gives developers greater insight into production issues.
In Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2012, you’ll find the agile processes, sophisticated management tools, and robust testing infrastructure that are essential for creating fast results and delighted customers.
Software development doesn’t stand still—you push the technology envelope one day, and then need yesterday’s platforms and tools to support legacy apps the next. Visual Studio with MSDN gives you access to Microsoft platforms and tools from the past and present, with new releases being added all the time. Plus, since it includes Team Foundation Server, you get the tools you need to work well with others. And now you have services to take your apps to the cloud, Windows Store, and Windows Phone Marketplace. Get Visual Studio with MSDN and raise your development game.
Software Assurance (SA) is an offering available with Microsoft Volume Licensing programs that helps you get the most from your software. Software Assurance is a comprehensive maintenance program that can help you gain control of your technology strategy, improve IT staff skills, decrease support spending, and effectively plan for new software deployments. With Software Assurance, you can access training and deployment resources that enable employees to work more efficiently than ever. You also acquire tomorrow's technology at today's prices and have the ability to spread payments annually instead of upfront (or in two-year payments for the MOB and MOV programs).
1. Newly released updates and upgrades of your software (Note: SA entitles you to the rights to the new software, but you will still need to purchase software media packs via the Microsoft Licensing Fulfillment [MLF] program.)
2. Home use rights for MS Office applications covered under SA.
3. For owners of Server products only -- access to TechNet Managed Newsgroups and TechNet Plus subscription media, ensuring that IT staff have resources available to address their technical issues
4. For customers with at least 5 server licenses and with all related client licenses also covered by SA -- Problem Resolution Support, which provides Web-based support for Standard Editions, and phone-based support for Enterprise Editions
5. Cold Server Backups - For each server license for which a customer has active Software Assurance, the customer has the right to install the same software on a "cold" backup server for use in disaster recovery.
Other tools include Corporate Error Reporting (CEP) to help you analyze problems and distribute fixes, Enterprise Source Licensing (1,500 desktops or more) that lets you access Microsoft Windows source code for internal development and support, and the Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) for speeding up and automating deployment.