Collapse & Return to Top
Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server extends the capabilities of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office by offering knowledge workers a powerful way to easily organize, find, and share information. SharePoint Portal Server delivers dramatic value as a single solution that combines the ability to easily create corporate Web portals with document management, content searching, and team collaboration features.
SharePoint Portal Server is the flexible portal solution that lets you find, share, and publish information easily. With SharePoint Portal Server, you are able to utilize existing information effectively, and to capture information in new ways that make sense for your business. In addition, you can rapidly deploy an out-of-the-box portal site and easily use Web-Parts technology to customize a Web-based view of your organization. A portal needs to be easy to set up, and for maximum benefit needs to be tailored to an organization's specific needs. With SharePoint Portal Server, you have the ability to quickly deploy an out-of-the-box portal solution that facilitates finding, creating, and sharing all of your mission-critical data from a browser-based interface. And because the SharePoint Portal is comprised fully of Web Parts, it can be easily customized for your business needs. With Web Part technology, you can also customize this interface, managing common resources, such as your contacts, calendars, and messages.
Software Assurance (SA) is an offering available with Microsoft Volume Licensing programs that helps you get the most from your software. Software Assurance is a comprehensive maintenance program that can help you gain control of your technology strategy, improve IT staff skills, decrease support spending, and effectively plan for new software deployments. With Software Assurance, you can access training and deployment resources that enable employees to work more efficiently than ever. You also acquire tomorrow's technology at today's prices and have the ability to spread payments annually instead of upfront (or in two-year payments for the MOB and MOV programs).
1. Newly released updates and upgrades of your software (Note: SA entitles you to the rights to the new software, but you will still need to purchase software media packs via the Microsoft Licensing Fulfillment [MLF] program.)
2. Home use rights for MS Office applications covered under SA.
3. For owners of Server products only -- access to TechNet Managed Newsgroups and TechNet Plus subscription media, ensuring that IT staff have resources available to address their technical issues
4. For customers with at least 5 server licenses and with all related client licenses also covered by SA -- Problem Resolution Support, which provides Web-based support for Standard Editions, and phone-based support for Enterprise Editions
5. Cold Server Backups - For each server license for which a customer has active Software Assurance, the customer has the right to install the same software on a "cold" backup server for use in disaster recovery.
Other tools include Corporate Error Reporting (CEP) to help you analyze problems and distribute fixes, Enterprise Source Licensing (1,500 desktops or more) that lets you access Microsoft Windows source code for internal development and support, and the Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) for speeding up and automating deployment.